Sometimes life is messy. Especially if you live with one husband and two teenaged boys. Sometimes the mess belongs to them and sometimes the mess belongs to me. The piles of shoes, books and laundry that inhabit my days are a reminder that life is not about perfection. These are the things I think about. Pardon the mess.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Why in the world would I write a blog? First of all, who in the world would want to read it? I have an ordinary life and write ordinary sentences. There is nothing to look at here, folks... but I am intrigued. I follow several bloggers and read them nearly every day. They claim to have ordinary lives too, but day after day I am drawn to their lives & their words. Perhaps our lives are only ordinary to us because we are in them every day and cannot step outside of ourselves to see the big picture. I don’t know. Will people care if I have a bushel basket full of unmatched socks and would rather read a book than match them? I think part of the allure of blog-following is being able to peek into the lives of others without getting caught. We measure ourselves against others and when we find someone who is like us we are relieved that we are not alone. When we find someone who is not like us we can perhaps learn something of ourselves from the differences.