Sometimes life is messy. Especially if you live with one husband and two teenaged boys. Sometimes the mess belongs to them and sometimes the mess belongs to me. The piles of shoes, books and laundry that inhabit my days are a reminder that life is not about perfection. These are the things I think about. Pardon the mess.

Friday, January 21, 2011

Life Is Just So Daily




I am not certain where this phrase originated but it has been living in my head for a long time. Some people experience this statement as a negative one, feeling that life is monotonous and without joy. I think it means that real life is in the everyday things we do and experience. The sunset. Noisy family breakfasts with everyone talking at once. Late night talks with your teenager. The feel of sand on your feet. Pancakes shaped like Yoda. The rhythmic breath of a sleeping baby. The sound of pen on paper.  Everyday things. Extraordinary things. This is the good stuff, folks. Let’s pay attention.

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Yoda pancakes? Where did this photo come from? Your kitchen?

...

Of paying attention I am a fan.

And of you.

Paper Patti said...

Yes, Elizabeth, the photo is mine. We can also make Darth Vader pancakes.( And so can you if you go to Williams & Sonoma.)

Elizabeth said...

Luke... I am... your pancake...

SAS said...

I feel as though the experience would not be the same if I had them somewhere else than the Miller residence. That's good stuff for this "folk".

Paper Patti said...

Do I feel a Star Wars breakfast coming on? Good it would be.